(SSC) School Site Council
BENNETT-KEW P-8 LEADERSHIP ACADEMY OF EXCELLENCE
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEMBER INFORMATION
(ELAC) English Language Advisory Committee
The purpose of the ELAC is to provide guidance and advice to the Principal and staff about the needs of students who are learning English as a second language. In achieving this purpose, the ELAC shall:
- Assist in the development of the school- wide needs assessment.
- Assist in the ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance
- Advise the Principal in the development of a site plan for English Learners. Submit recommendations to the school site council for consideration of inclusion in the Single Plan for Student achievement (SPSA).
- Receive training materials and training, planned full consultation with committee members, to assist members in carrying out their legal responsibilities,
- Elect at least one ELAC member to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC).
The ELAC shall hold no more than eight and no fewer than four meetings each year. A calendar will be created and distributed to members and school prior to the first meeting.
PLACE OF MEETINGS
The ELAC shall hold its meetings in a room provided by the school site.
NOTICE OF MEETINGS
Written notice of the meetings shall be posted at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. This written notice shall specify the date, time and location of the meeting, and contain an agenda containing each item of business to be discussed or acted upon. Any changes in the established date time or location of the meeting need to be noted on the agenda.
(DELAC) District English Language Advisory Committee
Speech or Skit Campaign Rules
Those who are trying for the Student Body President, Vice President, Treasurer, Historian, and Secretary must follow the following presentation and poster rules.
One banner per person will be displayed in the cafeteria. It may not be any larger than the 4ft x 4ft poster given out. Posters must have candidate’s name and position clearly displayed.
All posters have Ms. Fernandez signature on it where it may be seen.
Nothing else may be passed out. This will lead to the disqualification of the candidate. Posters will be displayed in the Cafeteria or around assign areas throughout school campus. You must campaign in a positive, fair spirit. Negative campaigning is prohibited.
- Candidate’s presentation is to last no more than three minutes.
- Candidate’s presentation can not make campaign promises.
- Candidate’s presentation should pertain to one of the areas of Community of Caring, (respect, family, responsibility, trust, and caring,) and should be entertaining.
- Ballots will be counted by an election committee and student Council Advisor.
- Give it your all and good luck.
- Speeches will take place on Thursday October 9, 2014
Candidates MUST get their speeches approved by Ms. Fernandez.